Intel Parallel Studio
Intel Parallel Studio XE is a software development product developed by Intel that facilitates native code development on Windows, macOS and Linux in C/C++ and Fortran for parallel computing. Parallel computing enables software programs to take advantage of multi-core processors from Intel and other processor vendors.
Parallel Studio is composed of several component parts, each of which is a collection of capabilities.
- Intel C++ Compiler with OpenMP
- Intel Fortran Compiler with OpenMP
- IDE plug-in integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse and Xcode
- Debugging via Visual Studio Debugger extensions, GNU Debugger extensions
- Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)
- Math Kernel Library (MKL)
- Threading Building Blocks (TBB)
- Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)
- Intel Advisor – specialized performance profiler to optimize vectorization and a thread prototyping system for adding / improving threading.
- Intel VTune Profiler (formerly VTune Amplifier) is a performance profiler that analyzes hotspots, threading, I/O, FPGA, GPU, system, throttling and microarchitecture bottlenecks.
- Intel Inspector improves reliability by identifying memory errors and threading errors.
- Intel MPI Library – a multi-fabric message passing library that implements the Message Passing Interface specification across Intel platforms
- Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector – a graphical tool for understanding MPI application behavior, finding bottlenecks and errors in parallel cluster applications based on Intel architecture
- Intel Cluster Checker – Prepackaged checks to diagnose cluster health, functionality and performance. They are accessible via API to embed capabilities into applications.
- Intel Distribution for Python – a Python distribution using Intel Performance libraries to boost performance of NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, Pandas (software) and other packages.